WHAT: Accelerating Hawaii’s Startup Innovation
WHEN: Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM – Friday, August 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM
WHERE: Sheraton Waikiki – 2255 Kalakaua Ave. , Honolulu, HI
Keynote speaker Steve Case joins local entrepreneurs, executives, and business accelerator experts from across the country to discuss ways to accelerate Hawaii’s startup ecosystem!
Startup Hawaii and Hawaii Strategic Development Corporation, an agency of the State of Hawaii, are co-sponsoring a conference designed to catalyze business innovation in Hawaii, a key element for growing the local economy. This event will help to fuel the momentum behind Hawaii’s startup ecosystem and explore ways to accelerate development of the sector, as well as highlight entrepreneurial businesses across the State. The conference will feature a variety of speakers and workshops designed to explore methods for accelerating the local economy through startup innovation.
Day one, August 2nd, 9am to 5pm:
- Keynote speaker Steve Case, chairman of Startup America, co-founder of AOL and CEO of Revolution LLC. Mr. Case will speak about his entrepreneurial and venture capital investing experience and share his thoughts on both successes and challenges he’s encountered along his journey.
- Mr. Case will also participate in a panel session with local executives, startup CEOs, and community leaders to discuss Hawaii’s shared responsibility in supporting its startup companies and entrepreneurs.
- An extended lunch expo where attendees can network with local startup CEOs, support organizations, investors, business executives, and government leaders, as well as mainland accelerator managers, venture capital investors, and Startup America representatives
- Program will also include short pitches from Hawaii’s newest “startups to watch,” and short presentations from local business support organizations.
Day two, August 3rd, 9am to 5pm - A full-day, focused startup accelerator workshop:
- Seasoned accelerator leaders from throughout the country, including California, Colorado, Michigan, and Virginia, Y Combinator’s lead legal council, among others.
- Designed for local teams that are planning to launch accelerators, businesses interested in learning more and contributing, potential mentors, and local entrepreneurs and startup teams considering applying for entry into one of Hawaii’s upcoming accelerators.
- Office hours with accelerator managers and a partner of Silicon Valley-based law firm, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
Companies and organizations scheduled to participate include:
TechStars, 500 Startups, Start Garden, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Startup America Partnership, Startup Weekend, The Queens Medical Center, Hawaiian Airlines, Ukulele Underground, Nella Media Group, The Box Jelly, Undefeated Games, Lemonade Alley, Hawaii Angels, HiBEAM, UPSIDE Fund, High Technology Development Corporation, Hawaii Strategic Development Corporation, Kamehameha Schools, and many more!